My Guide Website?
Afternoon in the Petit Trianon & Estate of Marie Antoinette58 Reviews
Visit the hidden jewel of Versailles, the private estate of Marie Antoinette. See her beautiful private mansion, gardens and Normandy village, all hidden away a short walk from the palace.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Paris:If youʻre booking your trip to Paris last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Paris: 3-Course Dinner & Show at Paradis Latin Cabaret
- Disneyland® Multi-Day Entry Ticket
- From Paris: Day Trip to Champagne with 8 Tastings & Lunch
- Paris: Covered Passages Audio-Guided Walking Tour
- From Paris: Small-Group Loire Valley Castles Full-Day Tour
- Visit the charming Petit Trianon, private mansion of Queen Marie-Antoinette
- Stroll through the beautiful landscaped gardens of the Palace and the private gardens of Marie-Antoinete
- Ride the Petit Train to and from the domain of Marie Antoinette
DescriptionDuring this three-hour tour you’ll visit the Petit Trianon, an exquisite private palace set in a luxuriant garden where Marie Antoinette spent much of her time. Over 4 million people annually visit the Palace of Versailles, but for nearly 90% of the visitors the experience is limited to the State Apartments and the distant perspective of the gardens. With your expert and entertaining guide, you have the rare opportunity to really make the period and the personalities come to life by continuing your visit into more exclusive areas. Upon leaving the main palace behind, explore the surprising atmospheres and art hidden in the garden’s many groves. With a diamond-encrusted key, Louis XVI offered his wife Marie Antoinette an escape from the ritualized public life she found so suffocating. This key unlocked the small Petit Trianon palace, sheltered from gossip and criticism, where she could feel free. Follow in her footsteps, through her English gardens and into the place she called home. The furniture and decoration authentically represents the queen’s own taste and favored craftsmen. Y Just down the path from the richly adorned palace, Marie Antoinette commissioned a replica rustic village, evoking Normandy with its thatched cottages and dairy herd. Here she appreciated the informal atmosphere and healthy air, and indulged in pastoral amusements. No visit to Versailles is complete without a visit to the domain of Marie Antoinette. For your comfort, and to reduce the walking distance on the tour, take the Petit Train to and from the domain of Marie Antoinette.
IncludesGuided visit of Marie-Antoinette’s personal gardens, private hamlet, and private theater Guided visit to the Petit Trianon English-speaking guide Headsets when appropriate so you can always hear your guide
- A reasonable amount of walking is involved, please wear comfortable shoes This tour is not wheelchair accessible You will need to purchase a ticket to enter the gardens of Versailles, as you need to cross the gardens to reach the gate that leads to the Domain of Marie-Antoinette. Please allow yourself plenty of time for ticket lines and to walk through the gardens to reach the gate This tour is best suited to guests who are already in Versailles visiting the palace and gardens in the morning, or guests who have previously visited and know the palace and gardens and wish to explore more