My Guide Website?
From Paris: Chateau de Fontainebleau & Vaux-Le-Vicomte Tour24 Reviews
Discover two of the most beautiful and historically interesting Chateaux in the Paris region on this small group day trip. You’ll visit the lovely Chateau and gardens of Vaux-le-Vicomte and also Chateau de Fontainebleau with more than 1500 rooms inside!
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Paris:If youʻre booking your trip to Paris last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Paris: 3-Course Dinner & Show at Paradis Latin Cabaret
- Disneyland® Multi-Day Entry Ticket
- From Paris: Day Trip to Champagne with 8 Tastings & Lunch
- Paris: Covered Passages Audio-Guided Walking Tour
- From Paris: Small-Group Loire Valley Castles Full-Day Tour
- Adventure to the french countryside, step away from the hustle and bustle
- Visit two of the most important Châteaux in French History
- Enjoy free time in the French Gardens of Vaux-le-Vicomte, a perfectly manicured garden of 99 acres
- See Napoleon Bonaparte's Throne in Fontainebleau
- Learn about French History from an informative guide
DescriptionDiscover two of the most beautiful and historically interesting castles in the Paris region on this small group day trip. You’ll visit the lovely Chateau and gardens of Vaux-le-Vicomte, where the “jardin à la francaise” was born and then explore the regal splendor of Chateau de Fontainebleau where more than seven centuries of kings and emperors lived and created history. Chateau de Vaux-le-Vicomte, with its deluxe 17th century decor and outstanding French Gardens is enchanting. It is so beautiful that it directly inspired the Sun King to build the Palace of Versailles, in order to rival it. You’ll learn about the captivating history of the estate and its past owners, wander through the perfectly ordered French Gardens and enjoy free time to explore the inside of the Chateau. Chateau de Fontainebleau is unparalleled in its extravagant architecture and links to important events in French History. With more than 1,500 rooms inside, it is a sumptuous palace and according to Napoleon Bonaparte 'The true home of kings, the house of ages'. It was home to three dynasties of Kings, a Pope and two French Emperors and as such is truly unique among the castles in Europe. You’ll explore its majestic halls, extravagantly gilded rooms, beautifully decorated Chapel and learn its fascinating history.
IncludesChateaux entrances fees Transportation by A/C minibus English-speaking guide Audio guide in each chateau
- Tours operate rain or shine