My Guide Website?
From Paris: Private Trip to Giverny, Monet's House & Museum7 Reviews
Take a half-day tour outside of Paris to Giverny, the former home of the Impressionist master Claude Monet. With a private guide, explore the pastoral house, garden and water lily pond where he lived and worked, plus visit the Museum of Impressionism.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Paris:If youʻre booking your trip to Paris last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Paris: 3-Course Dinner & Show at Paradis Latin Cabaret
- Disneyland® Multi-Day Entry Ticket
- From Paris: Day Trip to Champagne with 8 Tastings & Lunch
- Paris: Covered Passages Audio-Guided Walking Tour
- From Paris: Small-Group Loire Valley Castles Full-Day Tour
- Visit the painter's house where he lived with his big family
- Find the flower landscapes dear to the Impressionist master in the flower garden at any time of the year
- Spend time in the water garden and observe the variations of light, the main subject of his paintings at the end of his life
- See the famous little green bridge (Japanese Bridge) crossing his pond with your own eyes
DescriptionYour tour will start with a pick-up from your Paris hotel by your private guide for the roughly 1.5-hour drive by minivan to Giverny, where you will walk in the footsteps of Claude Monet. Upon arrival at Claude Monet's house and gardens, stroll with your guide through the rows of vibrant flowers in front of Monet's pink and green home. Visit the water lily pond and Japanese Bridge (pont Japonais), which you'll recognize from some of the Monet's best-known paintings. Admire the variety of vegetation, including cherry trees, tulips, roses, wisteria, weeping willows and irises. Explore the interior of the house, and see the kitchen, dining room, living space, bedrooms and the painter's collection of Japanese prints. As one of the leaders of the Impressionist movement of the 19th century, Monet introduced more perception, emotion and light into art of his age, and he spent almost 40 years developing his Giverny property. You'll also stop by his workshop. Afterward, head to the Musée des Impressionnismes (Museum of Impressionism), honoring Impressionist artists around the world. The museum depicts the history of this favorite art genre and features The Garden, designed by landscape painter Mark Rudkin, which offers a colorful nod to the themes dear to the Impressionists. Check out the permanent gallery, Monet Around, to learn about the influence Monet and his contemporaries had on the generations that followed them, and visit the temporary exhibitions. Your tour will end with a return to Paris for hotel drop-off.
IncludesSkip-the-line entrance Admission ticket Private driver/ guide Transport by air-conditioned minivan Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant seats are available on request, please advice at time of booking
- Please advise of any specific dietary requirements at the time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking