My Guide Website?
Medieval Paris Private Walking Tour11 Reviews
Travel back to the early days of Paris on a private 2-hour walking tour of its medieval monuments. Learn the history of the city in the Middle Ages at sites such as the Notre-Dame Cathedral, and one of Europe’s oldest and most famous universities.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Paris:If youʻre booking your trip to Paris last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Wander the Medieval streets of Paris to learn about life in the Middle Ages
- Visit Notre-Dame to experience the focal point of Medieval Paris
- Explore one of the oldest parts of the city in the Latin Quarter
- Discover one of the oldest universities in Europe
- Learn the connection between the Middle Ages and the modern Pompidou Centre
DescriptionExplore life in Paris 800 years ago on a 2-hour tour of the most important Medieval sites in the city, including the Hotel de Cluny, Notre-Dame Cathedral, and Fountain of the Innocents. Your guide will tell you about the culture, art, and architecture of the Middle Ages while walking along Medieval streets to discover façades that retain their Medieval symbols. Along the way, visit the imposing Notre-Dame de Paris, the most important monument to Medieval Paris. Wander the Latin Quarter to see where the Medieval lives on today. Pass the Hotel de Cluny, a former mansion of Cluny abbots that is now the Museum of the Middle Ages. Go to the Sorbonne to see one of Europe's oldest universities, and marvel at the Flamboyant Gothic Saint-Jacques Tower, all that remains of the 16th-century Church of Saint-Jacques-de-la-Boucherie. Learn the mercanitile history of Les Halles, and see the oldest intact fountain in Paris at the Fontaine des Innocents. You will even learn the surprising connections the ultra-modern Centre Pompidou has with the Middle Ages!
- Please note that this tour operates rain or shine