My Guide Website?
Paris: Admire Monet's Water Lilies at the Orangerie Museum13 Reviews
Skip the lines to the Orangerie Museum and embark on a guided tour through the 19th and 20th-century history of French art. See masterpieces by French icons, including Monet, Matisse, and Cezanne.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Paris:If youʻre booking your trip to Paris last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Paris: 3-Course Dinner & Show at Paradis Latin Cabaret
- Disneyland® Multi-Day Entry Ticket
- From Paris: Day Trip to Champagne with 8 Tastings & Lunch
- Paris: Covered Passages Audio-Guided Walking Tour
- From Paris: Small-Group Loire Valley Castles Full-Day Tour
- Delve into the history of this beautiful chapter in art with an art historian
- Step inside the iconic oval room and admire Monet's water lillies all around you
- Watch the evolution of the Impressionist movement unfold across the walls
- Stroll through the scenic Tuileries Gardens on your way to Musee de l'Orangerie
- Avoid the hassle and stress of lining up at the entrance and go directly inside
DescriptionDiscover the movements that changed the course of art history in the 19th and 20th centuries on a guided tour of the Musee de l'Orangerie in Paris. Skip the long lines to see iconic masterpieces, from Monet's serene water lilies to the delicate brushstrokes of Renoir. Stroll through the beautiful Tuileries Gardens to reach the former Orangerie, where the royal family kept their oranges in the winter. Avoid the long lines outside the Orangerie Museum and view Monet's world-famous paintings of water lilies, now on permanent display. Follow an art historian guide around the vast collection of 19th- and early-20th-century paintings. Discover the innovative and defiant techniques pioneered by the French Impressionists and their disciples. Study paintings of fruit and flowers by Cezanne, learn about the exotic style Matisse used for his seductive portraits, and trace the different stages of Picasso through his interpretations of nude models. Watch the movement evolve and change all around you with works by Modigliani, Renoir, and Utrillo.
IncludesSkip-the-line entrance ticket to the Orangerie Museum Entrance fee Art historian guide Private and small group options Museum tour
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. The semi-private tour is not suitable for those with mobility impairments. Please contact the activity provider in regards to mobility requirements This tour runs rain or shine This tour has a maximum of 8 guests per guide for a more intimate and personalized experience The semi-private tour has a minimum requirement of 2 participants to run (an alternative date or full refund will be offered if the minimum is not met) Occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management may occur. When this happens, guests will be provided with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1 hour from the tour starting time. In these cases, GetYourGuide is unable to provide refunds or discounts Some specific rooms inside the museum are subject to rules requiring quiet or restricted right to speak inside. Some collections may vary along the year