My Guide Website?
Paris: Gourmet Food Tour with 10+ Tastings and Wine35 Reviews
Embark on a food tour through the “Belly of Paris,” named as such by Emile Zola, and discover what makes French food so special. Explore the historic Louvre area and taste local delicacies.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Paris:If youʻre booking your trip to Paris last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Paris: 3-Course Dinner & Show at Paradis Latin Cabaret
- Disneyland® Multi-Day Entry Ticket
- From Paris: Day Trip to Champagne with 8 Tastings & Lunch
- Paris: Covered Passages Audio-Guided Walking Tour
- From Paris: Small-Group Loire Valley Castles Full-Day Tour
- Discover typically parisian places and indulge in their local delicacies
- Learn about some of the best French dishes at award winning venues
- Taste over 10 different food and wine expertly selected
- See why French people live to eat, not eat to live!
DescriptionMeet your guide near the Louvre and begin your day like a local! Our first stop is an authentic French bakery, where you’ll get to taste some buttery French “viennoiseries” (such as “croissants”or “pain au chocolat”). As well, taste the famous baguette “Jambon Beurre,' one of the French people’s favorite “on-the-go” meals, a ham sandwich made of the fresh UNESCO listed baguette (of course) sliced open, spread with salty butter and filled with slices of delicous ham. Our next stop will be one of France’s most acclaimed French pastry chefs and chocolatiers where you’ll get to taste the fabulous Macarons, a sweet meringue-based confection, which was introduced in France by the Italian chef of Queen Catherine de Medici during the Renaissance. You’ll also get to learn about the “Meilleur Ouvrier de France” title, a unique and prestigious award granted to the best French craftsmen every four years. Then, savor some of the finest French cheeses in one of the capital’s best Cheese shops! In 1962, French President Charles de Gaulle asked, 'How can you govern a country which has two hundred and forty-six varieties of cheeses?”; Not an easy task indeed, and we’ve selected the very best ones for you! Once your taste buds have been properly acquainted, you will have time to enjoy a sit-down meal at one of our favorite wine bars — a place completely and utterly dedicated to wine lovers. You’ll get to sample authentic cheese and charcuterie with some excellent French wine to go with it. Each offering will contain something unique and compelling that the French like to call “terroir”! You’ll then get to taste a surprise dish that originates from the French cafés in the early 1900s! Craving dessert? First, we’ll go on a brief digestive stroll, so you get to explore the most famous market street of Paris which is home to the pastry shop of King Louis the XV. Your morning tour ends on a sweet note as you will visit the shop of another award-winning French craftsman, a multigenerational family-run business that created a very special brioche which you will be sure to enjoy and remember! This wonderful excursion will give you a proper and delicous taste into some of the finest culinary treats Paris has to offer.
IncludesFoodie guide 10+ tastings at 5 shops in 1st district of Paris Typical French pastries and brioche Award-winning macarons and chocolates Classical French sandwiches A selection of gourmet cheese and charcuterie 2 glasses of wine at a wine bar
- Please note that this tour is adaptable to Vegetarians and Pescetarians. We regret to inform you that this tour isn't adaptable to Vegans and gluten free diets or to anyone subject to celiac diseases. Please kindly indicate any dietary requirement upon booking and we will do our very best to accommodate you!
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
- We will do everything within our power to ensure timings and itineraries are respected; however, due to issues beyond our control, timings and sites are subject to last minute changes on rare occasions.