My Guide Website?
Paris: Louvre Museum Skip-The-Line Tour23 Reviews
Discover a world of treasures on a skip-the-line tour of the Louvre Museum in Paris. See works of art from antiquity to the early 19th century, such as the “Nike of Samothrace,” frescoes by Botticelli, early Renaissance paintings from Florence, and more.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Paris:If youʻre booking your trip to Paris last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore the Renaissance and Neoclassical treasures of the Louvre
- Admire frescoes by Botticelli
- Learn more about the early Renaissance and transition from the Medieval to Humanism
- See highlights of Mantegna's early Florentine art
- Marvel at Bellini's Venetian paintings
- Gaze at Leonardo da Vinci's Mona Lisa
- Look at Gericault's Raft of Medusa, a dark highlight of Romanticism
DescriptionExplore the vast galleries of the Louvre Museum, and admire timeless works of art from Ancient Egypt and Greece, to the early 19th century. Your guide will lead you around the rich collection of paintings, statues, and more to see some of the building’s many highlights. The tour concentrates on the 3 different periods of the Renaissance, Neoclassicism, and Romanticism. View the breathtaking statue of the “Nike of Samothrace,” a 2nd-century BC marble sculpture of the Greek goddess Nike (Victory). Marvel at Botticelli’s fresco of “Venus and the Three Graces Presenting Gifts to a Young Woman.” Renaissance highlights include Mantegna's “Saint Sebastian,” while Leonardo Da Vinci is represented by paintings such as the “Mona Lisa.” Admire the vast painting by Veronese of the “Marriage at Cana,” the largest in the Louvre, and learn about the Romanticism of Gericault's “Raft of Medusa.” You will also see Delacorix's “Liberty Leading the People,” commemorating the July Revolution of 1830, the sinuous nude of Ingres' “Une Odalisque,” and Jacques-Louis David’s “Crowning of Napoleon,” and “The Oath of The Horatii.”
IncludesSkip-the-line entrance ticket to the Louvre Guide
- This tour operates rain or shine
- Any items exceeding 55x35x20 cm are not permitted in the museum