My Guide Website?
Paris: Opera Garnier Entry Ticket9588 Reviews
Discover the famous Opera Garnier in Paris. Enjoy ample time to admire the largest opera hall in Europe.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Paris:If youʻre booking your trip to Paris last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Paris: 3-Course Dinner & Show at Paradis Latin Cabaret
- Disneyland® Multi-Day Entry Ticket
- From Paris: Day Trip to Champagne with 8 Tastings & Lunch
- Paris: Covered Passages Audio-Guided Walking Tour
- From Paris: Small-Group Loire Valley Castles Full-Day Tour
- Discover an architectural masterpiece in the heart of Paris
- Climb the double stairway of the Grand Escalier and marvel at the splendid paintings and sculptures
- Walk in the Grand Foyer and discover why Opera Garnier is considered as the most beautiful Opera in the world
DescriptionBoasting an eclectic and ostentatious Baroque design, the Opera Garnier is one of the most extravagant representations of Second Empire architecture in France. Benefit from quick and easy access to this magnificent building in the center of Paris. Inaugurated in 1875 and named after its exciting young architect, Charles Garnier, it is the largest opera house in Europe. You will set eyes on the writhing snakes of the bronze “Pythonisse” sculpture, before climbing the double stairway of the “Grand Escalier” (Main Staircase). Imagine the swish of crinolines as you admire the breathtaking décor and stroll through vast foyers, filled with sparkling mosaics, colorful marble columns and gold-leaf flourishes. Everywhere you look will be a feast for the eyes. You will receive your digital ticket directly after your booking, just show it at the Opera visit entrance to enjoy your visit.
IncludesAdmission to the public areas of Opera Garnier The Library-Museum of the Opera (Bibliotheque Nationale de France) La Rotonde des abonnées and the Pythia basin The grand staircase Le grand foyer and l'avant-foyer The moon and sun salons La rothonde du glacier and its tapestries
- For reasons related to theater activity, the performance hall is regularly inaccessible to visitors
- The Opera Garnier is open to visitors from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM (the last entry is 45 minutes before the closure)
- Some reduced rates and free tickets are available at the Palais Garnier box office upon presentation of proof of entitlement
- Cloakrooms are closed. Entering with a scooter is not allowed
- Admission to the public areas, including the Library-Museum of the Opera (Bibliotheque Nationale de France), La Rotonde des abonnées and the Pythia basin, the grand staircase, Le grand foyer and l'avant-foyer, the moon and sun salons, and La rothonde du glacier and its tapestries are included in the ticket price
- Audioguide (€6.50) is available for purchase