My Guide Website?
Paris: Pere Lachaise Cemetery Guided Tour1658 Reviews
Explore the tombs and funerary art of the legendary Pere Lachaise Cemetery in Paris on a 2-hour guided tour, and see the graves of Jim Morrison, Oscar Wilde, Chopin and many other artists, writers and musicians in 44 hectares of landscaped beauty.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Paris:If youʻre booking your trip to Paris last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Walk the cobbled paths of the famous Pere Lachaise Cemetery
- See the graves of Oscar Wilde, Chopin, Isadora Duncan and more
- Marvel at stunning funerary art
- Hear anecdotes about the famous, past and present
DescriptionDiscover an enchanted hill in the center of Paris on a guided tour of the labyrinthine Pere Lachaise Cemetery, world-renowned for its funerary art and as the final resting place for many great men and women from the world of art, music, literarure and history. The most surprising open-air museum in Paris, Pere Lachaise is home to 70,000 graves and 5,300 trees in 44 hectares of landscaped beauty. Your guide will lead you down the cemetery’s cobbled paths to see picturesque tombstones. The necro-romantic safari is certified by the Paris Visitors Bureau, and takes you on a trip through history, where the great celebrities of the past come alive. See the tombs of Oscar Wilde, Edith Piaf, and Jim Morrison. Discover the final resting place of Molière and Chopin. Pay your respects at the graves of Isadora Duncan and Gertrude Stein, and marvel at the tomb of Héloise and Abélard. Your guide will provide a narrative of energy and passion, balancing humor with historical accuracy to share secrets and anecdotes about the legends of the past and present.
IncludesGuide Entrance to the cemetery (it's free)
- Please wear comfortable shoes
- The local supplier regrets that they are unable to accommodate guests in wheelchairs, or with any impairments that require special assistance
- Tailor made tours are available on request