My Guide Website?
Paris: Wine and Cheese Tasting75 Reviews
A trip to France would be incomplete without a sampling of wines and cheeses! No matter if you're just starting to learn about wines or you're an old pro, you're sure to learn (and taste) something new during this relaxed and informative session.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Paris:If youʻre booking your trip to Paris last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Disneyland® Multi-Day Entry Ticket
- Paris: Louvre Museum Entry Ticket and Seine River Cruise
- Paris: Crazy Horse Cabaret Show
- Les Marais: French Tastes and Drinks Private Foodie Tour
- Paris: Batobus Hop-On Hop-Off Sightseeing Cruise
- Sample three different wines from independent producers across Paris
- Pair wines with two delicious French cheeses to discover the unique flavors each combination creates
- Learn about the wine production of France, the significance of 'terroir' and why French wine is so diverse
DescriptionFrom the moment you arrive at the cave à vin (the wine cellar), you'll know you're in good hands. Step into a boutique, filled wall-to-wall with selections of reds, whites, and rosés from across all of France. You'll be greeted warmly by the staff and get settled in the prepared wine-tasting area of the boutique. After meeting your wine expert, you'll receive a great overview of the wine regions of France, and with maps and authentic soil samples you'll understand how different grapes and the diverse terrain of the country have led to the vast number of varieties of wine produced. Your wine expert will tailor your tasting to the group's wishes, and will propose wines from across France based on your interests. Only wines from small, independent producers are sold here, so you're sure to discover something new. Paired with a hard cheese and a soft cheese from a nearby artisanal cheese shop, you'll discover the incredible flavors that can be created simply by combining different wines with each. Water and bread will be also available as a palette-cleanser. Ask questions and learn from some of the most passionate oenologists in Paris, who are happy to share their love of wine with you. Finish your tasting feeling more confident in understanding the differences in wines, thanks to what you will have learned and the varieties of wine that you will have enjoyed.
IncludesWine tasting - three types of wine Cheese tasting - three types of cheese Water and bread
- A spittoon will be provided for those that wish to use it
- Note that, as the tasting does not take place in a restaurant, the boutique's toilets may not be readily available and/or easily accessible