My Guide Website?
The Gourmet Gastronomy of Paris: 2.5-Hour Food Tour7 Reviews
Dive in to "the belly of Paris" on this 2.5-hour gastronomy tour through the bustling market area of Les Halles, and stop to taste specialties like pastries, cured meats, and cheeses over a glass of local wine as you weave through the charming quarter.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Paris:If youʻre booking your trip to Paris last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Paris: 3-Course Dinner & Show at Paradis Latin Cabaret
- Disneyland® Multi-Day Entry Ticket
- From Paris: Day Trip to Champagne with 8 Tastings & Lunch
- Paris: Covered Passages Audio-Guided Walking Tour
- From Paris: Small-Group Loire Valley Castles Full-Day Tour
- Discover 'the belly of Paris' in the bustling market area of Les Halles
- Learn about the history of this district and France's gastronomical evolution
- Stop to taste some delicious French specialties along the way
DescriptionDiscover what to locals is known as 'the belly of Paris' in this delicious 2.5-hour food tour through the enormous, bustling central market nestled in the heart of the city in the charming Les Halles district. Weave your way through the vibrant market space, visiting old shops such as Stohrer, the oldest pastry shop in the city, as well as traditional brasseries and restaurants, and specialty culinary shops. Retrace the evolution of traditional French gastronomy, from the Middle Ages to present day, and stop along the way to taste some of the specialties, including various pastries and breads, an assortment of cheeses, cured meats, and local wines. The lovely district is also home to many attractions of cultural interest, including The Church of St Eustache and the Tower of John the Fearless.
IncludesTasting of French specialties
- Tours run in small groups of 8 people or less for a more intimate experience.