My Guide Website?
The Père Lachaise Cemetery: Guided 2-Hour Small-Group Tour432 Reviews
Enjoy a guided 2-hour tour through the celebrated Père Lachaise cemetery of Paris, and discover the famous graves of iconic figures such as Jim Morisson and Oscar Wilde, as well as the fascinating history and architectural design of the cemetery.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Paris:If youʻre booking your trip to Paris last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Enjoy a leisurely walk through the stunning and famous Père Lachaise cemetery
- Learn more about the fascinating history of the cemetery
- See famous graves such as the ones of Chopin and Jim Morisson
DescriptionThe Père Lachaise cemetery was first opened in Paris in 1804. Today, it is the biggest cemetery in Paris, and houses the graves of a lot of famous artists, writers and politicians, including the likes of Chopin, Jim Morisson, Oscar Wilde, Edith Piaf, and Delacroix. On this guided visit, make your way through the cemetery discover the different kinds of architecture and sculptures along the graves, supplemented with fascinating anecdotes and historical explanations from your guide, including an explanation as to the creation and the origins of the name of the Père Lachaise cemetery, as well as the discovery of some beautiful graves and legends, like that of the star-crossed Heloise and Abelard.
IncludesLicensed guide Small-group tour
- Unfortunately, this tour is not recommended for people with walking disabilities
- It is recommended to wear comfortable walking shoes