My Guide Website?
Tuileries Garden: Self-Guided Audio Walking Smartphone Tour
Feel like royalty on a self-guided audio walking tour of the beautiful Tuileries Garden. Admire colorful flowers, a variety of plants, and more, with the magic of GPS playback.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Paris:If youʻre booking your trip to Paris last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Get transport back to the era of the garden’s creation,
- Hear from producer Gary Kraut who authored five travel guides to Paris
- Do it all in an hour or linger at stops along the way
- Get unlimited use before your booking date and after it
- Use the virtual tour option at home
DescriptionThere are few sights in Paris that have changed as little over the past 350 years as the Tuileries, the grandfather of French gardens. Long before it was a public thoroughfare, the Tuileries was the place to see and be seen, to seduce and to be seduced, to practice one’s vices, and display one’s virtues. Stroll through the Tuileries and Carrousel Gardens on this walking tour, starting outside the Louvre or Orsay Museums. Leaving Paris’ busy streets behind, I’ll transport you back to the era of the garden’s creation, when it was the stomping ground of kings and queens. Along the way, you’ll learn its history, hear the stories behind its sculptures, and enjoy incredible views of Paris. I've designed this 60-minute tour as an easy-going and informative walk that you can enjoy at your leisure. There are garden chairs and outdoor cafés along the way if you need a break. The tour ends at Place de la Concorde and the entrance to Paris’ most famous avenue, the Champs-Elysées.
IncludesLifetime access to this tour in English VoiceMap App for Android and iOS Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
- The tour uses a mobile app. You will need to download the app and then use the voucher code provided to download the tour It is a self-guided audio tour that you can start, pause, or restart at any time and complete at your own pace You can download the tour at any time, before or after your booking date. It is best to download the tour before you set off for the starting point When the download is complete, you will see a screen with a photo of the starting point and directions to it. The redstart button will become active when you are at the starting point The tour follows a set route and includes turn-by-turn directions. It works best if you start it in the right place and follow the directions from one location to the next You will need to use your own mobile device and headphones for this tour. The tour is only available in English