My Guide Website?
Versailles: Palace of Versailles Timed Entry Ticket3100 Reviews
Discover the center of political power in France before the French Revolution. See the palace, discover the décor of the “Sun King” in the Hall of Mirrors, and stroll through the palace gardens.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Paris:If youʻre booking your trip to Paris last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Paris: 3-Course Dinner & Show at Paradis Latin Cabaret
- Disneyland® Multi-Day Entry Ticket
- From Paris: Day Trip to Champagne with 8 Tastings & Lunch
- Paris: Covered Passages Audio-Guided Walking Tour
- From Paris: Small-Group Loire Valley Castles Full-Day Tour
- Learn about the figures of the French monarchy, such as the legendary 'Sun King'
- Walk through the dazzling Hall of Mirrors
- Discover formal and informal gardens in the palatial grounds
DescriptionMarvel at the ornate State Apartments and breathtaking Hall of Mirrors inside the official residence of the French monarchy from 1682 to 1789 – The Palace of Versailles. Learn more about Louis XIV and other French royals. Located just 30 minutes from central Paris by train, Versailles was a sleepy village until Louis XIII began to build a hunting lodge in 1623. By the end of the century, continued expansion saw the town and castle become the symbolic center of the absolute monarchy of the Ancien Régime. Louis XIV moved the royal family to the palace in 1682, and 2 enormous new wings were added during a 2nd phase of building (1678–1715). Your ticket allows you access to the ornate State Apartments built by Le Vau. Get a sense of life in the French court, and walk through the glittering Hall of Mirrors. Learn about the main figures of the French monarchy, up to the French Revolution when the royal family was forced to return to Paris in October 1789. Take a walk through the legendary gardens at your own pace, and marvel at fountains, sculptures, and beautifully manicured lawns. Please take in consideration that the waiting time to enter the Palace of Versailles can be more than 2 hours in high season, even with a pre-booked ticket. Arrive early in the morning or in the middle of the afternoon to avoid the long lines. If you want to visit the gardens during the Fountain and Musical Gardens show, you must either buy a full-access ticket or a dedicated ticket for the Fountains and Musical Gardens.
IncludesSkip the cashdesk line to the Palace of Versailles Access to the Palace of Versailles gardens from November to March (only when there is no Fountain show)
- Your ticket is only valid on the booked date and time
- Entry to the garden is only available on days when there is no Fountain and Musical Gardens show
- Afternoons time slots are quieter than mornings
- Palace entrance is free for children under 18 years old, and for EU citizens under 26 years old. It is not necessary to book a ticket but a valid form of ID is required. Non-EU citizens between 18 and 25 need to buy a ticket
- You may experience some waiting time at the security check. You can only skip-the-line for the cash desk with this entrance ticket
- Palace entrance is free for children under 18 years old, and for EU citizens under 26 years old. It is not necessary to book a ticket but a valid form of ID is required. You will still need to get a free ticket at the cash desk. Non-EU citizens between 18 and 25 need to buy a ticket