My Guide Website?
Paris: Normandy D-Day Beaches Guided Day Trip with Lunch374 Reviews
Explore D-Day history on this day trip from Paris to Normandy and visit Utah Beach, the American Cemetery, and Pointe du Hoc. Immerse in WWII with your guide, honoring heroes on a memorable day.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Paris:If youʻre booking your trip to Paris last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Paris: 3-Course Dinner & Show at Paradis Latin Cabaret
- Disneyland® Multi-Day Entry Ticket
- From Paris: Day Trip to Champagne with 8 Tastings & Lunch
- Paris: Covered Passages Audio-Guided Walking Tour
- From Paris: Small-Group Loire Valley Castles Full-Day Tour
- Reflect on the sacrifices done by many at the poignant American Cemetery
- Visit the Utah Beach Museum, located in an original German bunker
- Go to Pointe du Hoc to learn how U.S. Rangers captured it from the Nazis
- Enjoy a typical Norman-style lunch of seasonal ingredients
- Taste typical ciders and apple brandy from the region
DescriptionExplore the beautiful Normandy countryside on a fully guided day trip of the D-Day landing sites, and discover the rich traditions of Normandy at a typical cider and Calvados farm. The tour departs Paris for the historical battlefields and landing beaches along the coast, including the Utah Beach Museum, housed in an original German bunker on the very beach where the first American troops landed. Learn about the complicated planning behind Operation Overlord, and hear touching stories of ordinary men and women whose actions shaped the face of Europe as it is known today. The museum also offers unparalleled views over Utah Beach and is home to one of the only remaining B-26 airplanes in the world. Enjoy a Norman-style lunch of freshly prepared seasonal produce in a restaurant overlooking the port of Grandcamp Maisy. Next, stop at a traditional cider-making orchard, and taste the ciders and Calvados (apple brandy) typical to the region in a 17th-century barn. After that, travel to the Pointe du Hoc to see the German cliff-top defense that was heroically taken by US Rangers during the D-Day landings. Overlooking the English Channel, the site remains much as it was over half a century ago, with original German fortifications and the crater scars of bombs. Pay your respects at the American Cemetery at Colleville-sur-Mer, located on a bluff overlooking Omaha Beach. Theodore Roosevelt, Jr., son of President Roosevelt, and a Medal of Honor recipient, is buried here, along with almost 10,000 soldiers.
IncludesGuide Roundtrip transportation Entrance ticket to the Utah Beach Museum Guided visit of the Pointe du Hoc Visit of the American Cemetery over Omaha Beach 2-course local lunch with 1 glass of cider Calvados and cider tasting (not available on Sundays)
- Please advise of any specific dietary requirements at the time of booking On Sundays, the visit to the Cider Farm doesn't take place, but this will not affect the duration of the tour