My Guide Website?
Paris: Carnavalet Museum In-App Audio Tour (ENG)1 Reviews
Travel by your own rules using this self-guided audio tour on your phone, and explore the highlights of the Carnavalet Museum at your own pace with informative audio commentary!
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Paris:If youʻre booking your trip to Paris last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Paris: 3-Course Dinner & Show at Paradis Latin Cabaret
- Disneyland® Multi-Day Entry Ticket
- From Paris: Day Trip to Champagne with 8 Tastings & Lunch
- Paris: Covered Passages Audio-Guided Walking Tour
- From Paris: Small-Group Loire Valley Castles Full-Day Tour
- Explore the Carnavalet museum with your own in-app audio tour
- Listen about magnificent salons and drawing rooms of the 17th-18th centuries
- Explore art and objects from the Middle Ages and Renaissance
- Learn about vestiges of the city's prehistoric & Roman past
- Marvel at decors from the Art Nouveau buildings of Paris
DescriptionExplore the Carnavalet museum with your own in-app audio tour! Nestled within two splendid Renaissance-era baroque mansions, themselves masterpieces,the Carnavalet Museum stands as a hidden treasure in the vibrant Marais district. Note! The museum's permanent collections are free of charge! With this self-guided audio tour on your phone, you will get captivating audio commentary along a planned route! Delve into the allure of its beautifully adorned interiors, meticulously landscaped gardens, and an assorted collection of art and artifacts that intricately weave the captivating narrative of Parisian history. From ancient times to the present day, unravel the metamorphosis of Paris across the ages, tracing its evolution from a humble fishing village to a Roman settlement, a medieval stronghold, a Renaissance and Enlightenment cultural hub, and finally, the epicenter of the French Revolution. Witness the profound transformation during the Gilded Era of the late 1800s, as Paris metamorphosed into a modern metropolis, fostering a flourishing environment for arts, literature, and philosophy. The 20th century saw the city emerge resiliently from two World Wars, solidifying its status as one of the world's most sought-after destinations. Experience this rich historical tapestry in a captivating and whimsical fashion, encountering everyday objects, paintings, furniture, and entire rooms that encapsulate the essence of their respective eras. Following your exploration, savor the ambiance of the museum's delightful outdoor café nestled within the courtyard of the baroque mansions. Alternatively, venture into the trendy Marais district or stroll to the Jewish Quarter for a taste of the town's finest falafel at one of the many charming cafés. Note! This tour is not affiliated with the Carnavalet Museum but is provided by an independent creator.
IncludesDownloadable Self-Guided Audio Tour on the WeGoTrip app in English.
- The audio tour is available only on the WeGoTrip app. You will get a link to download it by email and SMS