My Guide Website?
From Paris: WWI Somme Battlefields Full-Day Tour8 Reviews
Explore the battlefields of Somme and discover the history of the First World War on this full-day tour from Paris. Explore the part of France where the dramatic period of history took place and visit the major sites that suffered in the violent battles.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Paris:If youʻre booking your trip to Paris last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Paris: 3-Course Dinner & Show at Paradis Latin Cabaret
- Disneyland® Multi-Day Entry Ticket
- From Paris: Day Trip to Champagne with 8 Tastings & Lunch
- Paris: Covered Passages Audio-Guided Walking Tour
- From Paris: Small-Group Loire Valley Castles Full-Day Tour
- Visit the Somme battlefields and its major sites, including memorials, cemeteries, and traces of battles
- Learn interesting facts about World War One at the Historial Museum in Péronne
- Pay your respects to those who lost their lives on the battlefields of Somme
DescriptionVisit the battlefield of Somme for a day of remembrance. During the full-day tour you will discover the part of France which suffered severely in the violent and bloody battles of the Great War (the First World War). Explore the area where the dramatic period of history took place – the Somme battlefields and its major sites, including memorials, cemeteries, and traces of battles. Visit Delville Wood at Longueval, Pozière and Mouquet Farm, The Welsh Memorial at Mametz Wood, Thiepval, the Ulster Tower, Beaumont-Hamel site, and the Lochnagar Crater located at La Boisselle, an impressive mine hole 100 meters wide and 30 meters deep. Also visit the Newfoundland Memorial, which offers a realistic and moving view of the battles with its remarkably well-preserved trenches system, as well as the Historial in Péronne, an international and cultural museum of the First World War which explains the conflict, its origins, and its consequences. The Historial boasts a unique collection of over 50,000 original objects and documents of everyday life during the war.
IncludesGuided tour by minivan Hotel pick-up (if option selected)
- No cancellation, modifications or refunds 5 days prior to the scheduled date