My Guide Website?
Paris Catacombs: Skip-the-Line Special Access Tour492 Reviews
Skip the long lines to the Paris Catacombs where millions of Parisians were buried in the underground ossuaries. Learn about the past in a small group and benefit of special access to restricted areas.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Paris:If youʻre booking your trip to Paris last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Skip the long lines to the Paris Catacombs
- Get exclusive access to areas of the catacombs usually closed to the public
- Learn about how 6 million people came to be buried in this city of the dead
DescriptionGet fast track entry to the underground cemetery of the Paris Catacombs, composed of miles of underground tunnels lined with the skulls and bones of some 6 million Parisians. Join a local guide and explore the catacombs in a small group of no more than 19 people. Each room reveals ever more ornate and macabre bone decorations. Hear the unbelievable story of how the catacombs were built, and the massive project that was undertaken to move bones from around the city to this point. Your special access status means the guards will also open gates just for your group, letting you into areas such as a secret chapel decorated with skulls and femurs. The Paris Catacombs contain bones representing some 2,000 years of history, and their construction was a unique civil engineering project that helped give rise to the modern-day city. Please note: This tour has a decreased group size of six people and a modified price on select days to allow for a more intimate experience.
IncludesSkip-the-line entry to the Paris Catacombs Access to special areas of the Paris Catacombs Small group tour of no more than 19 people
- There are 130 steps to the Paris Catacombs. Unfortunately, there is no elevator access
- The Paris Catacombs tunnels are often wet and cool (14°C/57°F all year long)
- Please note that there are neither toilets nor cloakroom facilities at the Paris Catacombs
- Only bags smaller than 55 cm x 35 cm x 20 cm are allowed
- Please note: This tour has a decreased group size of six people and a modified price on select days to allow for a more intimate experience.
- The tour partner complies with all local government regulations. You may need to wear a mask or provide proof of vaccination to enter certain venues. Please refer to Paris government guidelines for the most up-to-date information