My Guide Website?
Paris: Jewish Quarter & Museum of the Art and History Tour2 Reviews
Discover Jewish heritage sites in the heart of Paris's Jewish Quarter including synagogues and memorials. Extended your tour with a visit to the Museum of the Art and History of Judaism.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Paris:If youʻre booking your trip to Paris last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Paris: 3-Course Dinner & Show at Paradis Latin Cabaret
- Disneyland® Multi-Day Entry Ticket
- From Paris: Day Trip to Champagne with 8 Tastings & Lunch
- Paris: Covered Passages Audio-Guided Walking Tour
- From Paris: Small-Group Loire Valley Castles Full-Day Tour
- Explore the Old Jewish Quarter with a Jewish History Expert Guide
- Discover synagogues and other Jewish heritage sites in the heart of Paris
- Learn about the Holocaust at the Deportation Martyrs Memorial
- Visit the Museum of Jewish Art and History with skip-the-line tickets (only in 4
- Enjoy private car transfers from your accommodation (only in 5,5-hour option)
DescriptionOn this exclusive Jewish tour you will explore the Le Marais quarter, which after the French Revolution became a popular and active commercial area hosting one of Paris’ main Jewish communities. Trace the history of French Jews with an Expert Guide to gain an insight into their unique history, culture and traditions. Your 2-hour Jewish tour begins at the Courtyard of the Hôtel de Ville, a historic administrative building. It's a great starting point to delve into the history of expulsions and emancipation of Jews over the centuries, from the First Crusade, through the French Wars of Religion, to the French Revolution. Head to Île de la Cité, home to the mighty Notre Dame Cathedral, and see the Deportation Martyrs Memorial, which commemorates people sent to Nazi concentration camps in WWII. Your Expert Guide will help you understand what had happened to the French-Jewish population during the Holocaust, and how the community raised itself from its ashes. Explore the trendy Marais district, where you will find many Jewish shops, bookshops and kosher restaurants that cater to one of the world’s largest Jewish communities. See the landmark Agoudas Hakehilos Synagogue, built in the early 1900s by the wealthy group of Orthodox Jews who immigrated from Poland and Russia. Another point of interest will be the gorgeous Synagogue des Tournelles, located next to Place des Vosges, which is the oldest planned square in Paris. Choose the 4-hour option to enhance your experience with a visit to the Museum of the Art and History of Judaism. We provide skip-the-line tickets to fast track your entry. Outside, you will find a statue of Alfred Dreyfus, a French-jewish officer who was convicted for treason in 1894. Inside the museum you will enjoy incredible permanent and temporary exhibitions on the history of Jews in Europe and North Africa. Among its treasures, you will find a collection of religious objects, archives, manuscripts, and works of art, including paintings by Marc Chagall and Amedeo Modigliani. It’s a great place to learn more about Jewish culture and traditions. The 5,5-hour option includes a walking tour of the Old Jewish Quarter, a visit to the Museum of the Art and History of Judaism, and private transportation. We can organize private car transfers from your Paris accommodation to make it easier to join this tour. Enjoy a convenient pickup and drop-off service with a 5-Star Driver and a clean, air-conditioned vehicle.
IncludesPrivate History Tour of the Jewish Quarter in Paris (number of attractions depends on the selected option) Jewish History Expert Guide who is fluent in the chosen language Historical facts and myths about the Jewish community in Paris Skip-the-line tickets to the Museum of the Art and History of Judaism (only in 4 and 5,5-hour options) Pickup and drop-off by a private car (only in 5,5-hour option)
- Please check your email the day before the tour to receive important information. Please note that the number of attractions depends on the selected option. Private transport and the Museum of Art and History of Judaism tour are not included in the basic 2-hour tour. Please arrive on time as there are time slots reserved to enter some attractions. Late arrival may prevent you from enjoying the full tour.